This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Toby Hill Farm Holiday Cottage
Toby Hill Cottage is located in the Teesdale countryside two miles away from the village of Middleton in Teesdale and 1 mile from Eggleston village. It has been converted from an old farm building. The property is south facing and is situated down a short incline, to where you will park a car. The property can sleep up to 6 people, four persons sleeping in 2 en-suite bedrooms on the first floor and a further two guests may be accommodated on a double sofa bed in the lounge area. There is a downstairs cloakroom. There is also a single put up bed available for a child. There is WI-FI available. We have tried to provide as much helpful information as possible in this statement but if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to call us. You will find our contact details at the end of the statement.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01833 640016 or 07974899279 or email email@example.com.
- Toby Hill Holiday Cottage is described and illustrated on our website and in our brochure.
- Bookings can be made via our website, email or telephone.
- The nearest mainline railway station is at Darlington, approximately 20 miles away. There are taxis at the station and the numbers 75 and 76 buses travel regularly from Tubwell Row to Galgate, Barnard Castle.
- Complimentary coffee, tea, sugar, milk and cake or biscuits are supplied to welcome you on arrival.
- We can arrange for a basic food shop to be ready for your arrival
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- The key can be collected from the main farmhouse. We will be there to welcome you and show you to the cottage.
- Parking is available on site in our farmyard. There is room for up to 3 cars.
- Parking is at the bottom of a tarmac drive, clearly signed ‘visitor parking’
- The parking area is level and tarmac.
- This leads on to a level paved path about 15m long, then up a 4m ramp onto a raised, but level Patio, then across approximately 7m to the main door of the cottage.
- There are outside lights at the car park, along the path and outside the cottage.
Entrance to Property
- The entrance via the main door has an opening width 86cm and has a raised thresh 10cm high and 13cm depth. There are no handrails.
- This leads in to the open plan living area with oak laminate flooring throughout.
- The lighting is by spot lights in the ceiling and wall lights
- The floor surface is oak coloured laminate, with a stone slab and a door mat at the entrance.
- The walls are magnolia coloured throughout.
- Opposite the main door is an inward opening door 63cm wide leading to the entrance to the downstairs toilet through another inward opening door on your left 63cm wide.
- The toilet seat is 38cm wide and 42cm high from the floor.
- The wash basin is wall mounted, 40cm wide and 84cm high from the floor
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The staircase has 14 steps. At the bottom there are 3 steps, then 3 steps on a curve to the left, then 8 steps to the top. They are 70cm wide. There is a handrail on the right all the way to the top and a handrail on the left at the bottom, then again after the bend in the stairs. It has a short pile carpet.
- The landing at the top is 137cm wide x 240cm length, with 2 doors leading to the two bedrooms. There is a fire exit door (Emergency fire exit only) from the landing leading outside 100cm wide.
- A leather sofa in lounge area is near the bottom of stairs. It may limit access but is movable.
- Level access, open plan.
- 1 leather 3 seat sofa. 1 fabric 3 seat sofa bed h 990mm (39“) w 1890mm (74”) d 965mm (38”) (d open 2280mm(90”)) which sleeps up to 2 people
- 1 coffee table trunk on a short pile rug
- Furniture is movable
- Wall lights and 1 lamp
- Wood burning stove
- Wall mounted TV is Freesat with a DVD - with remote controls. Subtitles available. CD/Radio with iPod docking station.
- Patio doors 95cm width x 192cm height x 12cm step leading to outside patio
- Level access, open plan
- Table is six sided and movable
- Height under table is 71cm.
- Wooden, upright chairs without arms, leather seats, seat height 45cm.
- Wall lights
- Laminate floor
- Level access, open plan
- To the left of the main door
- Height of worktop, food preparation area: 91cm. Microwave and toaster are situated on top of worktop
- The oven is under the worktop with a drop down door and can be accessed from either side of the door.
- The hob is integrated into the worktop
- There is a larder fridge freezer, the freezer at the bottom is 86cm high and the fridge on the top is 86cm to 210cm high.
- The height of the wall cupboards 140cm. Some crockery items could be moved to lower cupboards on request.
- There is a full size dishwasher situated under the worktop.
- Sink taps are single mixer lever tap.
- Cordless kettle
- Ceiling spot lights and an under cupboard light
- Laminate flooring
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- Two on first floor sleeping 4 people
- Entered through inward opening doors
- Twin room door opening width: 71cm.
- Two 3’ beds, can be zip and linked.
- Space between beds approximately 50cm.
- Height of beds 64cm.
- One bedside table between beds 57cm high.
- Double room door width 73cm.
- 5’ bed, space either side approximately 63cm. Height of bed 60cm
- Bedside tables either side of bed.
- All beds have divan bases, no room underneath.
- Both rooms: cream walls, beige, short pile carpet, oak doors and furniture
- Fitted wardrobes with 2 large drawers at the bottom and hanging space above. Rails are fixed.
- Non allergenic pillows and bed protectors are provided.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- Double en-suite, level access from bedroom.
- Tiled floor and walls
- Door is inward opening 65cm wide
- Shower is over bath. Bath internal 50cm w x 125cm l.
- WC from floor to seat is 43cm. Width 34cm.
- Washbasin is 87cm high with a pedestal underneath
- Single lever taps.
- There are no grab rails at present.
- Spot lights in ceiling
- Beige, stone coloured tiles on floor and half way up the wall. Painted magnolia above with a white ceiling
- Twin room en-suite shower room, level access from bedroom
- Door outward opening 71 cm wide
- Large shower 110cm x 85cm, access past washbasin 70cm.
- WC from floor to seat is 44cm. Width 34cm.
- Washbasin is 86cm high with pedestal underneath
- Lever taps
- Black/Grey tiles on floor with white painted walls
- Large south facing garden on a slope
- Level paved patio at the front of cottage
- Ramp at one end leads onto path to car park and garden
- Patio at front is raised from ground below and has an open edge drop of 40cm.
- Patio table and 6 chairs with umbrella available
- Charcoal BBQ available on request
- Working farm (for safety reasons we advise that children should always be accompanied by an adult)
- Outside Utility/Boot room
- Door opens inwards 58cm w x 154cm h. (Low/Narrow Door)
- Washing machine, large sink, pegs, iron, clothes horse, cleaning materials
- Hooks for wet coats
- Boiler is in here, so usually warm for drying coats and boots
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate dogs/pets in the cottage. Only assistance dogs would be welcomed by prior arrangement. We would respectfully ask that you would not allow these dogs onto the furniture or the beds.
- Toby Hill Holiday Cottage is no-smoking
- WI-FI is available
- Good mobile reception on most providers
- A put-up bed is available (suitable for a small child)
- A travel cot is available.
- A high chair is available
- A lockable store can be provided if needed
- Nearest hospital: Darlington Memorial 20 miles. Doctors: Middleton in Teesdale Surgery 2 miles.
- Public Telephones: Middleton in Teesdale 2 miles or Eggleston village green 1 mile.
- Mobility aids - shop in Barnard Castle
- Fire exit on 1st floor landing
- Fire extinguisher in kitchen by door.
Address (Inc postcode):
Neil and Sheila Tarn, Toby Hill Farm, Egglesburn, Eggleston, Barnard Castle, Co Durham, DL12 0BD
01833 640016 or 07974899279/07814049343
NY 98246 24388
Hours Of Operation:
Middleton Care Ltd 0845 347 5654
Local Equipment Hire:
Teesdale Disability Forum 01833 631000
Local Public Transport:
Scarlet Band 85/85A 95/96 Tel. Traveline 0871 2002233